Released on the 24th of March Forgebane is a new, great value combo box from Games Workshop! With over £250 of miniatures for just £95, this is perfect for people looking to start out in the 40K hobby or for existing players wanting to expand their forces.
We're already taking pre-orders for Forgebane, so secure yours and collect in store on the 24th March release day!
Member discounts apply
Forgebane is a great-value boxed set containing 2 armies split across the forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus – cybernetically augmented post-human soldiers of the Machine God – and the Necrons – an ancient, slumbering civilisation of soulless automata whose rousing is changing the face of the galaxy. You can use these miniatures to act out the scenarios described in the Forgebane book – 3 connected missions that recreate the desperate battle for
There's a lot in this box, so... what do you get?
A 40-page softback book containing:
- A New Awakening: the events of Forgebane – the discovery of
- The Machine Cult: an overview of the Adeptus Mechanicus, and their constant crusade of acquisition which has led them to
- An Ancient Evil: a brief history of the Necrons, their own motivations regarding the mysterious
- The Empire
- Knight Worlds: describing the illustrious histories of the Imperial Knights, and introducing the Knight Armigers – long-legged walkers designed to strike hard and fast;
- Quarry Worlds: an overview of planets designated by the Imperium as Quarry Worlds – this also introduces the Necron Cryptek – once the grand vizier of the Necron courts, now degraded and dangerously insane;
- Detailed background information on each unit included in the box;
- A miniatures showcase featuring
- Atmospheric Conditions: rules which represent the industry-ruined atmosphere of
- 3 Echoes of War missions, which can be linked together to form a small campaign echoing the narrative of Forgebane;
- Defenders of the Forge Worlds: rules for the included Adeptus Mechanicus miniatures. This includes 3 datasheets, Canticles of the Omnissiah and specific army abilities, as well as example colour schemes for the Ryza, Lucious, Metalica and
- The Dynastic Legions: rules for the included Necron miniatures. This includes 4 datasheets and specific army abilities, as well as example colour schemes for Novoth, Mephrit, Sautekh, and Nihilakh dynasties;
- Points values for every included miniature, for use in Matched Play;
- A fold-out sheet containing the core rules for Warhammer 40,000.
- 1 Necron Cryptek, covered in ornate armour featuring intricate geometrical patterns and wielding a tall staff of light. His segmented cloak connects to a Canoptek Scarab, allowing for flight, and the included base features pieces of ruined Necron architecture;
- 1 set of 5 Necron Immortals, who can be armed with your choice of gauss blasters or tesla carbines;
- 1 set of 5 Necron Lychguard, who carry bulky weaponry including heavy-bladed
- 1 set of 3 Canoptek Wraiths, armed with vicious claws,
- 1 Necrons transfer sheet.
- 2 Armiger Warglaives, smaller than Imperial Knights but taller than most Imperial vehicles, they wield reaper chain cleavers, thermal spears and carapace-mounted heavy stubbers – the latter can be replaced with a
- 1 set of 10 Skitarii Rangers, with a host of weapons including arc pistol, arc rifle, plasma caliver, transuranic arquebus, taser goad and arc maul, with options for an Alpha, the unit leader;
- 1 Tech-Priest Dominus, who comes with a
- 2 transfer sheets: an Adeptus